The Careers Fair is an occasion for you to:
- Meet and mingle with a variety of prospective employers.
- Explore employment-related information that will help you plan for your future career.
Before the Fair
- Do some researches on the exhibitors. You can refer to the exhibitor list and the job openings on the website. You may also visit the organization’s website to find out more about their businesses, services and opportunities.
- Prepare some questions and ask the exhibitors. Try to avoid asking those could be easily obtained from website or job description.
- Update your CV with reference to our career guide (click HERE to access) so that you make sure your CV is decent enough for on-site applications.
During the Fair
- Prepare your CV with a pdf format for the CV submission.
- Live Chats are only available during the pre-set hours.
- Make sure you do not post personal information on the live chat. Do NOT ask personal questions or be too informal during the live chat with employers.
- Use precise and professional business communication during live chat with employers and avoid any grammatical errors.
- Technically a webcam is not required for participating in the event, however some exhibitors may request a private video chat with the potential candidates separately.
- Seize the chance to talk to the exhibitors instead of just visiting their webpage; ask questions you have prepared to show your passion and interest. Exhibitors may invite you for an interview if they consider you as a suitable candidate. Therefore, be ACTIVE on the Live Chat!
- Do not limit to your own preferred exhibitors. Be open-minded and consider other organizations at the fair. They may be offering some opportunities that you are interested in.
- Be polite and humble at all times.
- Students should open the webcam when taking part in a video interview with the employer.
- Dress up formally, at least smart casual, to project a professional image.
After the Fair
- If you have had a video interview with the employer at the Careers Fair, please write a short thank you email to them afterwards to thank them for their time and consideration.