The Careers Fair is an occasion for you to:
- Meet and mingle with a variety of prospective employers.
- Explore employment-related information that will help you plan for your future career.
Before the Fair
- Do some researches on exhibitors. You can refer to the exhibitor list and the job openings on the event’s website. You may also visit the organization’s website to find out more about their businesses, services and opportunities.
- Prepare some questions and ask exhibitors. Try to avoid asking those could be easily obtained from website or job description.
- Update your CV and seek advice from career officers (click HERE to book a slot) so that you make sure your CV is decent enough for on-site applications.
During the Fair
- Bring more hard copies of your application letter and CV for on-site applications and interviews.
- Dress up formally, at least smart casual, to project a professional image. Avoid wearing shorts and sandals.
Seize the chance to talk to exhibitors instead of just picking up brochures. Have proper eye contact and smile, ask questions you have prepared to show your passion and interest.
- Exhibitors may invite you for an interview if they consider you as a suitable candidate. Therefore be ACTIVE to talk!
- Do not limit to your own preferred exhibitors. Be open-minded and consider other organizations at the fair. They may be offering some opportunities that you are interested in.
- Be polite and humble at all times. Look at the exhibitors’ name badge, remember their names and thank the person you have spoken with.
After the Fair
- If you receive business cards from employers, write a short thank you email to them afterwards. Thank them for their time and consideration if you have applied for their positions.